Saturday 17 - Sunday 18 September 2016
Various locations across Essex and Hertfordshire
When a heart stops, every second counts and now we are working in partnership with East Anglian Air Ambulance, to offering free life-saving CPR training to members of the public.
Our CPRathon, supported by the East of England Ambulance Service, will run across the region during National Air Ambulance Week (19-25 September).
The events in our area will run at the following venues between 10am – 4pm:
- 17 September: Jackson Square, Bishops Stortford
- 18 September: High Chelmer Shopping centre, Chelmsford
- 24 September: The Mall, Luton
Each training session will use clinical ‘Annie’ dummies, advice on what happens following a 999 call and further information on cardiac care. Visitors will also learn that:
- when a heart stops beating, just three minutes can be the difference between life and death
- fewer than one in five people with a survivable cardiac arrest receive the life-saving intervention they need
- bystander CPR can increase survival rate of a cardiac arrest patient by 60%.
Jen Wall, our Event Organiser, said: “Our Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) team see week in week out the vital difference bystander CPR can bring to saving lives. We want to help more residents of Essex and Hertfordshire learn those vital skill and we are working closely with our partners to ensure that training is carried out thoroughly and carefully.”
« All Charity Events